Progressive Education society's Modern Institute of Business Management was established under the visionary leadership of Prof. Dr. Gajanan Ekbote in the year 2010 with a mission to develop competent, committed and compassionate leaders who will make a difference to the people among whom they work. MIBM nurtures its students to develop a holistic approach, a curious mindset and the ability to think differently and innovatively to harness the opportunities emerging from challenges. The overall role of the Training & Placement Cell is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities The Training & Placement cell was set up to impart right skills on students and to assist them with right opportunities for employment.
T&P cell is headed by two Placement Co-ordinators, five Student representative co-ordinators, coordinated by Director and Assistant Co-ordinator of MIBM.
- To provide assistance in order to achieve maximum possible placement for students by providing ample employment opportunities.
- To assist students in getting Maximum Summer Internship Opportunities and short term opportunities for first year students.
- To guide students on soft skills and interview techniques, group discussion, aptitude tests etc.
- To train students according to Industry Needs.
- To collate and maintain students information.
- To tie up with corporate for campus recruitment and thereby develop industry - institute interface.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF TRAINING & PLACEMENT CO-ORDINATORS
- Preparing a Corporate Presentation of the institute.
- Preparing the plan regarding proposed activities for placements.
- To prepare placement brochures and send it to prospective companies by 31st July every year.
- To correspond with various companies for interviews and other schedules.
- To arrange for training of students and make necessary arrangements.
- To arrange for pre placement talks and campus recruitments at the institute.
- Preparing the Ranking of Companies based on - Job Profile & growth Prospects, Package offered, past record of recruitment, Feedback from the students regarding company.
- Preparing a report on completed placement activities.
Training And Placement Officers
|Contact Person||Email Id||Contact Number|
|Dr. Vijayalakshmi Srinivasemail@example.com||020-65294548|
|Prof. Dr. Nivedita Ekbotefirstname.lastname@example.org||9922007326|
|Prof. Atul Fegadeemail@example.com||9673000745|
|Prof. Prasanna Puranikfirstname.lastname@example.org||9850743008|
Responsibilities of student representatives for placement
- To collect students information and collate it in excel format.
- To prepare a database of prospective students, call them and obtain the contact details of Human resource Managers.
- Keeping follow-up with the companies for final placements and summer internships.
- Maintaining a register to record details about calls made to various companies and its response.
- To make an arrangement for Pre Placement Talks with company officials.
- To arrange for facilities and coordinate at the time of campus recruitment.
- To distribute the Placement Brochures to prospective companies.
- To co-ordinate with students about campus recruitment programs.
- To prepare the report on campus recruitment drives conducted on Campus.
- Collecting Resumes in standard format from all the eligible students.
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR STUDENTS COORDINATOR AND REPRESENTATIVES
Convincing Power, Good Communication Skills, Capacity of Co-ordination, Good Academic Background, and Presentable, Willing to devote time for placements.
STUDENT PLACEMENT REPRESENTATIVE (A.Y 2015-16)
MIBM Placement Policy
The Institute has designed few rules & regulations regarding Final Placement of Students. All students are bound by these rules. These rules are like basic eligibility criteria which must be fulfilled by all the students who are seeking placement assistance from institute.
The rules of Final Placement are as follows
- Students having consistent attendance record of 75% and above only will be eligible for campus placement assistance.
- Students having more than two backlogs will not be eligible for placement assistance.
- Organizations which are recruiting students having backlog, will be free to reject the students if they wish to do so.
- Students are not allowed to approach the company directly or refuse an offer by the company or discuss salary and other details, after the Pre-Placement talk or during the interview.
- It is the responsibility of the students and not of Institute or placement cell to keep themselves update about whole information related to Placement activities.
- Students will be debarred from placement activities if they found guilty of misconduct or misinformation or purposely 'Under Performing' during the selection process.
- Each student will be allowed only two placement offers after which he/ she will not be considered for further opportunities.
- Once is offer is signed and accepted, the candidate will not be eligible for any further placement opportunity.
- After accepting an offer, the student must ensure that he/ she joins the company on the date required (after the date of academic session), failing which the Institute will not be responsible for any misconduct.
- Misconduct of any kind by the students in the company during the interview or Pre-placement Talk will lead to disqualification of the students from the final placement program. This will be done after proper verification.
- The student once placed with the companies will have to maintain exemplary behavior and work ethics failing to which the institute will hold them morally responsible as it can result into company not participating in the subsequent Campus recruitment program.
- In case of any situation / conflict final decision will be taken by Director, Assistant co-ordinator and Placement Co-ordinators of the Institute.